Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weave in Loose Ends

How are you weaving those ends in? What reference are you using?

Righetti has a completely different technique than TKGA's. I've mostly used TKGA's but I thought I read somewhere that if the end is on the selvedge, then weave the yearn end vertically. But for some reason I've woven the ends using the duplicate stitch method on my first 4 swatches. I don't know why I did it that way, maybe it was the ribbing that through me. But I got to tell you, I find this method wicked, it it hardly noticeable but at times painful. The first few were hard, but I got the hang of it. This part doesn't bother me much. So, each day I do one edge of as many as I can. Some time soon, I'll have them done. Who knows when. I still haven't picked up #15 yet, it remains at my couch side. The couch where I haven't sat on for days, it seems.

Another sleepless night, so I started answering the questions. I'm having the same feeling of tediousness as when I began the knitting, however this step seems repetitive in places and less challenging. Oh well. It's been awhile since I wrote anything so I'll begin with baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. Never mind, I re-read your last entry and figured it out. I'm half-way to finishing the blocking. Still, half-way.

    ReplyDelete