Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Editing Knitting via Photgraphs and Paint

I was wondering if we would be able to constructively help each other by way of the internet. And, I've figured it out! By way of a simple photo graph of knit work and the simple "Paint" program that almost every computer has.

So this is how you do it:

  • Right-click on the photo you want to view closely and critique, click "Save Image As.."
  • Save in a location on your computer you will know where to find it (I like my desktop to keep it temporarily, where after I trash it)
  • Open the Paint program by All Programs/Accessories/Paint...
Under FILE, Open... the photo you want to detail.
  • From there choose a colour that will be visible and use the pencil, the square or which ever tool you find easiest for you to point out areas of concern.
  • Use Text if you want or Number the areas you want to discuss in your entry
SAVE AS... using a new name, keeping the original photo on your desktop in case you need to start over again.
  • Through trial and error you will find the program easier to use.
  • When you are ready to blog about the photograph, post it using the photograph tool.

This may be intimidating, but it is easy once you get the hang of it. I know most of your capabilities and if this is unorthodox to you, I know you'll pick it up quick. Otherwise, ask your kid to help you out, she probably learned this program in kindergarten.

Do you think this could be useful to us?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think it will be really useful, and this is exactly how I hoped we would be able to communicate about our questions and concerns. I'll try it out and mount something, and show off a piece of my knitting in the process!

    ReplyDelete