Monday, November 10, 2008

Video Tutorials for Casting-On

I'm finding video love to share with you. These videos have made a lovely marriage for the "desiring to learn".

The video below is a tutorial on three styles of Provisional Cast-Ons:


KnittingHelp.com has a great video for the Double Cast-On, or Long Tail Cast-On, or Continental Cast-On.
This method is great for stretchy edges for ribbing, easy to pick up stitches from and it has a knitted row included with the Cast-On!
The video and many more Cast-On methods are found here.

1 comment:

  1. I viewed the one about the long tail cast on. It was great. I loved the way I could watch it over and over again and have needles in my hands at the same time. Great source of resources.
    This one is amazing! She gives you four choices/ways to do provisional cast on, I like the one where you do the two yarn cast on but us a circular needle in place of the second/waste yarn, that way the needle is already in place when you want those "live" stitches again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete