Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A New Yarn?


I found this yarn at Michael's. It is a worsted weight, 100grams and 205 metres as opposed to the 85m for $6.50 on the other yarn [which is truly amazingly soft and delicious in many ways.] This one cost $6.99. As a worsted weight it is slightly smoother year and has a wee bit more twist in it. I am going to knit up sample one and two again and see what I think of the result.

I have never in my life spent so much time looking at the quality of my work and solving knitting problems. I agree with you about that piece, that is what this process is all about.

7 comments:

  1. I love this yarn! It too is Canadian and the price it right for the yardage. Also, the consistencies in the yarn are better quality than Mission Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are ahead of me cause I have to start all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so not ahead of you because I went and started to read the articles "On Your Way to the Masters" about casting on, tension problems, blocking, etc. And let's just say I'm learning to knit again. I'm so not comfortable with my knitting right now! This is crazy -- because --- I'm a great knitter!!! At this point, all I can say is, this project is very humbling.

    I know your going to hold off knitting for a little while as your working. I too am working quite a lot these days and will probably just post about my not knowing how to knit anymore. I'm actually going to pick up something else and knit that for awhile, keeping in mind my new developing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya, I've never been so insecure about casting on -- for heaven's sake. That's a good way to describe this process: Humbling. Amen, it is that. I think knitting other things along the way is a good idea cause you get to play with colour and you get to think about other kinds of products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Knitting In Plain English" is waiting for me at my Library! The research continues...

    I have a customer who knows I knit and has asked to commission me to knit a set of mitts and hat for each of her two daughters. $50 a set. Not bad for bulky yarn! That's what I'm going to be knitting this weekend. Cash-o-ramma!

    ReplyDelete