Sunday, November 16, 2008

With the German Twist Cast-On, I tried a few different ways for increasing. I too thought it would be ideal to make the increases in the purl column.

Pink shows a slight twist, see arrow. This is what I did:
M1= pick up leg from stitch directly under last stitch purled, purl leg through back loop.
WS. P2, M1. *P4, M1* repeat to end. 25sts.

Blue shows a little hole:
M1= pick up leg from stitch directly under last stitch knit, knit through back loop.
RS. K2, M1. *K4, M1* repeat to end. 25sts.

Green square and arrows are totally messed up. The increase is shown in the middle of the knit colums, and the best example in the square is on the left side.
M1= pick up leg directly under last stitch, front leg slip to right needle and replace to left, left leg is behind needle. Knit through back loop.
RS. *K4, M1* repeat to end. 25sts.

Red is a nasty increase:
M1= Knit into stitch directly below, then into the stitch itself.
RS. K3, M1, *K4, M1* repeat to end. 25 sts.

I'm prepared to knit my first sample, but I'm going back to the Long-Tail Cast-On and use the Green increase.

1 comment:

  1. You have to talk me through these increases. I think the one I use is the first one you mentioned. But my pattern of increases would look like this:
    Slip one knitwise, knit one, *purl one, increase one stitch from row below, purl one, knit two* until the last two stitches in swatch then purl one, increase one stitch from row below, and purl the last one. Increase of five in the purl trenches.

    ReplyDelete