Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pacing

So far, we are doing pretty good. Pretty good considering it's middle December and there are Christmas presents to be made... Nonethless, I'm enjoying the process of investigating the knitting and relearning the correct methods.

In the Spring, I'm registering for an advanced pattern making class for knitting. I'm really looking forward to it. Which means, I'm also going to give myself until them to complete Level 1. Have you considered when you'd like to have it done? Would there be any advanced courses out where you are? Another thing, Sally Melville has moved into my 'hood! The Knit, The Purl, The Colour: Sally Melville, TKGA wonder-gal.

And with your first three swatches knit, are you happy with the blocking results? Are you ready to send them off? Or, are you going to send a bunch at a time?

Despite not being able to knit this week, I will give the blocking a go-go.

Oh, while surfing on the 'net I found this site: A Level 1 Knit-a-Long, they are doing what we are doing. Check out the images, they'll make you happy.

4 comments:

  1. Will check out that blog. . . I didn't know that you could send your swatches off in batches. I thought you had to have the entire thing done and then sent it out.
    Lucky you that Sally Melville lives nearby. Any get togethers planned with her?
    In terms of completion, I know this sound outragous, but I was hoping/aiming to have the bulk of the knitting done before I head back to work Jan 12th. After that, my life is not my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember this?: I'd really like to do what Discoknits (http://discoknits.blogspot.com/2007/07/masters-monday-part-1.html) did.

    Knit the first three, send them off.

    I wouldn't like to knit the entire lot to find out something I take for granted is messed up and I'd have to redo them. I like to learn as you go.

    +++++++++
    Learning I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blog gives great advice, but I still don't see where it says or suggests that you send off three of your first swatches. It's a good idea. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the feeling that sending them off in batches is how she completed her L1. Anyways, I'll ask some of the ladies at the guild meeting tonight before I email tkga.

    ReplyDelete